Last week I attended the Global Leadership Summit, which is the premiere leadership conference available today. I have been participating in this conference for several years and have always been blessed by what the Summit faculty presents each year. On Wednesday, I will share some of the highlights from this year’s conference; but today I want to share with you some ideas passed on by John Maxwell whose presentation was entitled, “The One Thing to Get Right.”
Random Points & Quotes:
- “Leaders lift. No matter where they go or where they are, leaders lift the other people around them.”
- “Three questions every follower asks of leaders: (1) ‘Do you like me?’; (2) ‘Can you help me?’; (3) ‘Can I trust you?'”
- “Everything of value is uphill.”
- “The problem is that everyone has uphill hopes but downhill habits.”
- “Selfishness and significance are incompatible.”
- “Most people don’t lead their lives, they accept their lives.”
- “The one thing leaders must get right is this: intentionally add value to people every day.”
Five Things to Help You Add Value to People Everyday:
- Value people.
- Think of ways to add value to people.
- Look for ways to add value to people.
- Add value to people.
- Encourage others to add value to people.
John’s latest book fleshes out this theme of adding value to others and of living intentionally.