Productivity and leadership guru Michael Hyatt lists five essentials for healthy achievement:
- Rest. Practice rest by getting adequate sleep every night and avoiding work on your day off.
- Reflection. Start a habit of pulling away to a quiet place to pause and reflect. Slow down for as little as 5 minutes to center yourself and reflect on your life’s direction.
- Relationships. Get intentional about building in-person relationships. This opens up a world of learning, encouragement, and accountability.
- Refreshment. Stay mindful about what you eat. Consume foods that will contribute to your productivity and be good, clean fuel – not stuff that’ll bog you down the rest of the day.
- Recreation. Pursue leisure activities that restore your body. Develop non-work-related interests and hobbies to give your brain the break it needs.
By focusing on the 5 R’s above, you’ll avoid burnout and restore the energy you need to win at work and succeed at life.