Here’s the first sermon in the series on Psalms that I am doing this summer, along with some devotional questions that are designed to help people see more clearly how God has and is shepherding them…
- Read Psalm 23.
- Read Psalm 23 again and pay attention to words and phrases that stand out to you.
- Pray, thanking God for being a shepherd to you; then, ask God to open your heart and mind to what He wants to teach you (finish your reflection time by coming back to this prayer).
- What words or phrases stand out to you in this psalm (write them down)?
- In what ways has God provided for you (“he makes me lie down in green pastures; he leads me beside still waters”)?
- In what ways does God “restore” your soul?
- In what ways has God been present to you during times of difficulty (vs. 4-5)?
- In what ways have you experienced the goodness and mercy of God?
- In what ways does God’s promise of eternity (v. 6) help you with daily living?